domingo, 12 de junio de 2011

Grammar °° Present Progressive Tense °°






Use the present progressive for actions that are happening at the present moment


♦AFFIRMATIVE              ♦NEGATIVE


I'm working now         (I + am)                 I'm not working now

You're working now   (You + are)           You aren't working now 

He's working now       (He + is)                He isn't working now

She's working now      (She + is)              She isn't working now

We're working now    (We + are)            We aren't working now

They're working now  (They + are)          They aren't working now


♦QUESTIONS(?)            ♦SHORT ANSWERS(+)  ♦SHORT ANSWERS(-)

Am I working now?           Yes, I am                             No, I'm not

Are you working now?      Yes, You are                        No, you aren't

Is he working now?           Yes, He is                            No, He isn't

Is she working now?          Yes, She is                          No, She isn't

Are we working now?       Yes, We are                        No, We aren't

Are they working now?      Yes, They are                     No, They aren't


♦QUESTIONS WITH: What+ Present Progressive

What are you doing?           I am working now

What is he doing?               He is working now

What is she doing?             She is working now

What are you doing?          We are working now

What are they doing?         They are working now



♥EXERCISE:




1. Please be quiet. I (try) to concentrate.





2.Look! It (snow).





3.Why (you / look) at me like that? Did I say something wrong?





4.You (make) a lot of noise. Can you be a little bit quieter?





5.Excuse me, I (look) for a phone booth. Is there one near here?





6.(at the movies) It's a good movie, isn't it? (you / enjoy) it?





7.Listen! Can you hear those people next door? They (yell) at each other again.





8.Why (you / wear) your coat today? It's very warm.





9.I (not / work) this week. I'm on vacation.





10.I want to lose weight. I  (not / eat) anything today.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario